I always do this this. I buy a bunch of grapefruit and then put it off since eating is such an event (seriously, I always make a mess with my grapefruit. Its like eating crabs. I have to set up my area with napkins all over the place). Then, of course, I end up with a bunch of them the fridge and 1/2 end up going to go to waste.
I decided to throw them in my VITAMIX and make me some grapefruit juice, but GREEEN!!!
***** Grapefruit is a excellent source of Vitamin C, great for digestion and your metabolism, helps lower cholesterol and cant fail to mention its filled with antioxidants*****
GREEN GRAPEFRUIT JUICE
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and skinned
- 6-10 baby carrots (to your taste)
- fresh ginger (approximately 1/2-inch piece)
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup of Simply Cranberry™ Cocktail (use coconut water or plain water as an alternative)
- Place all ingredients into VITAMIX or juicer
- Pour into a glass. Serves 1 (apx 16oz).